Requests for Kōkua
Community is important to the Highway Inn ‘ohana.
As much as we would like to kōkua everyone, we receive many more requests for donations than we can grant. We support a number of organizations throughout the year via other means, and we approve a limited number of community requests; if you feel yours fits our mission, please apply using the form below.
- All requests must be made using the application form below; emailed, mailed, faxed, social media or phone requests will not be considered.
- Only one donation per year will be made to any given organization.
- Your organization or event must be located within the state of Hawai‘i. (Local chapters of national organizations may apply as long as donations directly support the local chapter.)
- The recipient must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization; proof of status (such as your tax ID number) is required.
- Applications for event donations must be received at least 30 days prior to the event for gift cards and 60 days for food donations.
- We prioritize initiatives that support cultural or academic education; sustainability and the environment; remedying food insecurity; and improving keiki/young adult mental health.
- We do not accept requests for networking/mixers/conference/seminar events; religious or church-related events that do not directly support one of our prioritized initiatives; or any initiatives without 501(c)(3) non-profit standing.
- We do not make financial contributions, do any financial underwriting, or buy advertisements, program space or tickets.
- Stronger consideration will be given to applications which are thorough, specific, and relate to our prioritized areas of charitable interest.
Recipients of Past Support
Boys & Girls Club of Hawaii
Give Kids A Smile Hawaii
(Hawaii Dental Association Foundation)
Hawai‘i Meals on Wheels
Hawai‘i Public Radio
Hawaii Food & Wine Festival
Kumu Kahua Theatre
Les Dames d’Escoffier, Hawai‘i Chapter
Nā Kama Kai
Navian Hawaii (Hospice Hawaii)
Surfrider Spirit Sessions
Susan G. Komen Hawai‘i