Reservations at Highway Inn Waipahu
We ask for your kokua and patience as we navigate the challenges and federal and state mandates concerning Covid-19. We are operating under CDC and state limited-capacity guidelines and are short-staffed. The following policies concerning reservations will help us ensure a better guest experience.
- We take reservations only for parties of 6 or larger. Large parties (groups over 10) require 3 days advance reservation (select “Special Event” during booking); your group will be split into separate tables to accommodate current group-size mandates. Parties without reservations will be seated on a first-come, first-served basis. The wait time during peak hours can be approximately one hour and much shorter during off-peak hours.
- The majority of your party must be present before your group will be seated. We have a 15-minute grace period before your reservation is considered a “no-show” and your spot will be given to waiting guests. If you are running late or don’t need your reservation, please give us a call at 808-677-4345 x2 to avoid having your reservation cancelled as a no-show.
- We ask that you be considerate to subsequent guests and limit your dine-in time to 90 minutes. While waiting for your table, we encourage you to preview our menu so you can order right away.
- To expedite your dining experience, we ask that you pay on a single check. Please inform your server before ordering if you plan to split the check. We do not split checks for groups of 10 or larger, unless you have made previous arrangements with our management team.
- An automatic gratuity of 18% is added to the check for groups of 6 or more.
- When you arrive, let our host know you have a reservation. Only 1 person from your party should check in to avoid confusion.
Mahalo nui for choosing Highway Inn at Kaka‘ako and we look forward to your visit.
Make Your Reservation
Special Event Bookings
If you are celebrating a special occasion with us, such as a birthday, wedding or graduation, please make a Special Event booking. Special Event reservations guarantee your seating time with us and are exempt from the 90-minute time limit. Special Event reservations are required for groups larger than 10. Special Event reservations are subject to a deposit payment and minimum spend; requirements can be found here: https://www.myhighwayinn.com/group-booking/
To make a Special Event booking, choose the “Special Event” option in the reservation panel.
Current Covid-19 Requirements:
Effective Sept. 13, 2021, in accordance with the City & County of Honolulu Safe Access O‘ahu policies, all guests must show proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result taken within the previous 48 hours in order to enter the establishment. Children under 12 years old are exempt. Please inform all members of your party of this requirement. For more information on Safe Access O‘ahu policies, visit https://www.oneoahu.org/safe-access-oahu.
In addition, under Governor Ige’s current amended emergency order:
- Groups of up to 10 people may dine together indoors; group members are not required to be from a single household. Groups seated at separate tables may not mingle.
- You must complete a contact tracing form, as required by the Department of Health, to be served.
- Guests may remove their masks when eating or drinking. However, when moving about the restaurant, you must wear your masks and socially distance.